CHICAGO (CBS) – At least one person was killed and 14 were injured in the shooting across the city as of Sunday. The two victims were under the age of 18.
During the first shooting over the weekend, a 15-year-old boy was shot while walking in the Englewood area on Friday night.
Police said around 5:15 p.m., the victim was walking down the street in the 6800 South Halsted neighborhood when he heard gunshots and felt pain. Self-delivered to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.
A 19-year-old man was shot dead in an alley in the Archer Heights area on Friday night.
The victim was in an alley on the 4100th block of West 47th Street when a black car drove up and a passenger fired from the car, hitting the victim.
The victim received a gunshot wound to the upper left leg, police said.
According to police, a man was shot while driving in the Chatham area on Friday night.
The 39-year-old victim was driving his car in Quarter 7700 in South Vernon when several unidentified people got out of the ladder between the two houses and started firing in the direction of the victim.
The victim fled the scene and called 911. The victim received one gunshot wound to his right arm and was taken to Christ Hospital where he is in good condition.
A 39-year-old man was standing outside on Saturday morning.
Police said the victim was standing in an alley in the 300th quarter of South Sacramento when he heard gunshots and felt pain.
The victim received one gunshot wound to the abdomen and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he is in critical condition.
Police said a 14-year-old girl grazed on the street in the South Shore neighborhood on Saturday around midnight.
The victim was going outside at about 12 o’clock in the morning, in the 7800 quarter in South Kingston, when she heard gunshots and felt pain.
The girl was taken to the Komersky Children’s Hospital in good condition with a cranial scapular wound.
In other pictures from 17.00 on Friday to 5.00 on Monday:
· At 14:15 on Saturday, A 30-year-old man received a gunshot wound to the lower left leg and was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition. The victim was walking in a parking lot in Quarter 5400 West Madison when an unknown person approached the victim on foot, delivered a gun and fired shots at the victim.
· On Saturday at 13:50 in the 300th quarter on West 110th Street, a 58-year-old man came out of his apartment when three unknown people approached him. One of the offenders hit the victim in the head with an unknown object. The second offender pulled out a firearm and fired one shot at the victim. The criminals fled the scene in an unknown direction. The victim received a gunshot wound to the upper thigh. The victim did not cooperate with the officers who were at the scene. At the time of CFD arrival at the scene the victim refused an ambulance.
· On Sunday at 00:13 a 27-year-old woman was at a meeting indoors at 2400 East 79th when she heard several shots and felt pain. The victim received one gunshot wound to the leg and was taken to the University of Chicago in critical condition.
· On Saturday at 11:10 p.m., a 26-year-old man was walking down an alley in the 1700 block of North Mason when an unknown person shot him from a distance before running away on foot. The victim received one gunshot wound to his right leg and was taken to Loyola Hospital where he is in good condition.
· On Sunday at 1:52 a 50-year-old man was driving in his car on quarter 2500 West Pope John Paul 2nd Drive when he heard several shots and felt pain. The victim received multiple gunshot wounds to the back and was taken to Mount Sinai, where he is in critical condition. The victim could not provide more details due to the severity of the injuries.
· At 2:21 a.m. Sunday, a 27-year-old male victim was on the street in the 8400 South Aberdeen neighborhood when he was shot by an unknown perpetrator. The victim received one gunshot wound to the thigh and was taken to the Little Company of Mary, where he was pronounced dead.
· On Sunday at 2:42 a 26-year-old woman was at a restaurant waiting for an order of 11,600 South Halsted when two strangers started arguing. One of the men left the facility and started firing at another man who remained inside, who also opened fire in response. During the shootout, a 26-year-old woman received one gunshot wound to the forearm and was taken to Roseland Hospital in good condition.
· On Sunday at 2:45 a.m. in the 4800 South Cottage Grove quarter, a 37-year-old man was standing on the street when an unknown criminal approached him and shot in his direction. The victim then crossed to Mount Sinai on his own with one gunshot wound to the groin in stable condition.
This is an evolving story.