CHICAGO (CBS) – A total of 23 Chicago restaurants have made it prestigious Michelin Guide for 2022, including four new ones.
The famous Alinea, 1723 N. Halsted St., was again the only restaurant to receive three stars. Alinea opened in 2005, and Grant Ahatz’s ultra-modern culinary style soon began to define the molecular gastronomy movement.
“Chef Grant Achatz is still bursting with new ideas in this ingenious, meaningful and festive temple. The Michelin Guide is now talking about Alinea. “Chef Douglas Butter works hard to create intricate items that are sometimes experimental. For starters – non-standard resin.”
Four recently added restaurants received one star each.
Claudia, 1952 N. Damen Ave., is described as “über cool and modern”. It is named after the mother of chef Trevor Teich.
“Benta-box with a cracker with a scallop with canned egg yolk, Madeleine with squid ink, yellow-feathered tuna nigiri, stuffed foie gras, and potato benny with caviar – creates a stage for a delicious and memorable dish,” – said Michalin.
From Esme, 2200 N. Clark St., notes the inspector: “Together with his wife and co-owner Katrina Bravo, chef Jenner Tomasco exudes high ambitions in this spacious studio.
At Galit, 2429 N. Lincoln Ave., “Chef Zach Engel brings his experience to this personal brand of modern Middle Eastern cuisine.”
“Start with a salad (spreads and pickles) accompanied by pita bread kissed by the flames,” the notes say. “Even familiar dishes offer amazing depth, like creamy hummus or crispy falafel from a mango labna.”
Kasama, 1001 N. Winchester Ave., was discovered in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic by former orioles chefs Tim Flores and Ginny Kwon.
“It has evolved to present a true vision of what the couple had in mind for Kasama, with a tasting dinner menu that clearly reflects the training, experience and heritage of this talented team for an ambitious, smart and clear experience, mixing Filipino traditions with modern notes.” , – the inspector marks.
The full list of 23 restaurants that have compiled this year’s guide is as follows:
- Alinea, 1723 N. Halstead St.
- Ever, 1340 W. Fulton Market
- Moody Tongue, 2515 S. Wabash Ave.
- Oriole, 661 W. Walnut St.
- Smith, street N. Ada, 177, No. 101
- Boca, 1729 N. Halsted St.
- Claudia, 1952 N. Domaine Ave.
- EL Ideas, 2419 W. 14th St.
- Elizabeth, 4835 N. West Ave., ed
- Elske, 1350 W. Randolph St.
- Esme, 2200 N. Clark St.
- Halit, 2429 N. Lincoln Ave.
- Goosefoot, 2656 V. Lawrence Ave.
- Kasama, 1001 N. Winchester Ave.
- Mako, 731 W. Lake St.
- Next, 953 W. Fulton Market
- North Pond, 2610 N. Cannon Dr.
- Omakase Yume, 651 W. Washington Blvd.
- Porto, 1600 W. Chicago Ave.
- Seam, 1466 N. Ashland Ave.
- Sepia, 123 N. Jefferson St.
- Temporis, 953 N. Ashland Ave.
- Tapalabampa, street N. Clark, 445