CHICAGO — A barbecue grill on the roof of a Lake View apartment building likely caught fire Friday night, a Chicago Fire Department official said.
The fire started around 9 p.m. on the roof of the building near North Sheffield Avenue and West Belmont Avenue.
A fire official said the grill was next to a propane tank and the roof was made of a lot of wood.
People posted videos and photos of the fire on social media, showing heavy fire on the top of the building.
The official said no one appeared to be injured.
Some roads in the area were closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
Suggest a correction