SANTA ROSA, CA. (Crown) — First responders were already busy dealing with storm-related emergencies Tuesday when a van exploded and caught fire on a California highway.
Santa Rosa Fire Department saw a van on fire at the 101 3rd Street exit at 9:34 a.m.
After firefighters extinguished the fire, they found “several 55-gallon bags full of butane-infused marijuana,” SRFD wrote. The driver suffered burns and was taken to the hospital.
Butane is a highly explosive material used to convert marijuana plants into oil, also known as “smudges” or “wax.”
The Santa Rosa Fire HazMat team assisted SRPD with the explosion investigation and ensured additional hazards were abated before reopening the ramp.
Suggest a correction