Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25115 for Dev Channel Insiders. Build 25115 is not offered for the ARM64 PC, but Microsoft has said that a new build will soon be offered to insiders on the ARM64 PC.
With this version, the window for insiders closes to switch to the beta channel, as now both channels will receive different builds, as the beta channel will switch to get more stable builds, closer to what will be delivered to the public.
“The Dev channel gets builds that represent the long-term work of our engineers with features and experience that will never be published when we test different concepts and get feedback,” explained the Windows development team. “It is important to remember that the builds we release for Dev Channel should not be considered relevant to any particular version of Windows, and the included features may change, delete or be replaced in Insider builds over time or never be released again. Windows Insiders for Regular Customers. ”
What’s new in Windows 11 Insider Build 25115
Windows insiders can try a new feature in this build to speed up everyday tasks in Windows 11 with the built-in suggested actions. If you copy a date, time, or phone number, Windows offers actions that apply to you, such as creating calendar events or making phone calls with your favorite programs.
- After copying a Windows phone number, a built-in light-rejecting interface will appear that offers ways to call a phone number using Teams or other installed apps that offer push-to-talk features.
- After copying the date and / or time Windows will display a built-in light that can be rejected, which offers to create an event using supported calendar applications. After selecting the user preference, the program starts with the corresponding calendar event creation page with automatic date and / or time filling.
Build 25115: Changes, Improvements, and Fixes
- We have updated the icons in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) in this build.
- Updated the basic speech platform to improve voice activity detection for voice access, live subtitles and voice input, as well as address some punctuation issues.
- Fixed an issue with loading the system tray icons in Settings> Personalization> Taskbar, which could have caused the settings to crash when you recently opened this page. This problem could also lead to some crashes of explorer.exe for affected insiders.
- Fixed an issue where insiders saw error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We have made another change to improve the download performance of Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you ever opened a context menu, executing CTRL + ALT + DEL and canceling caused explorer.exe to crash.
- Fixed sporadic crash of explorer.exe when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where when settings were suspended, in some cases it could block explorer.exe.
- Improved how “Narrator” reads the rest of the space in the menu “System”> “Repository”.
- Fixed some issues with access keys in Task Manager, including the fact that you could not directly press ALT + without first releasing the ALT key, and that the display of access keys will not work after using and rejecting them.
- When the CPU reaches 100%, the CPU column header should no longer suddenly become unreadable in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Smart App Control to unexpectedly block properly signed programs.
- Resolved an issue that caused memory integrity to turn off unexpectedly in some cases after a reboot.
- Fixed an issue where the update stack package contained a 0xc4800010 installation error.
Windows 11 Insider Build 25115: Known Issues
- [NEW] Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may fail or cause an error in your PC.
- Some programs in full screen mode (such as video players) do not allow you to see subtitles live.
- Some programs located at the top of the screen and closed before starting subtitles will be restarted outside the live subtitle window located at the top. Use the system menu (ALT + space bar) while the program is in focus to move the program window further down.
Go to the official blog post for more information.