CHICAGO – Touting it as a “richly curated slate of musical events,” Lyric Opera has announced details of its upcoming 2023-2024 performance slate.
It will begin in September and run through April 2024 with a collection of performances for fans of the historic opera company, which will stage its 69th season.
Performances of The Flying Dutchman will kick off the season with the opening gala of An Evening with Audra MacDonald. Other musical performances: “Daughter of the Pole”, “Enuf.” “Cinderella”, “Champion”, “Aida” and “Requiem” by Mozart.
“It’s a very challenging time for Opera, and I’m proud of how our entire company rises to the challenge every day,” said Lyric Opera President, CEO and CEO Anthony Freud. “Despite the painful new economic realities of grand opera production, the Lyric will present a diverse and compelling 2023/24 season that keeps our main pillars in focus: presenting the world’s best singers, presenting exciting and thought-provoking large-scale productions. to the stage and offering fresh contemporary perspectives that point to the future of our beloved art form.”
Full details of the show can be found here here.
Here is the Lyric Opera’s full schedule for 2023-2024
- September 23 – October 7, 2023 – The Flying Dutchman.
- October 6, 2023 – Season Opening Gala: An Evening with Audra McDonald
- November 4-25, 2023 – Daughter of the Regiment
- November 12-26 – Yanufa
- January 21 – February 10, 2024 – Cinderella
- January 27-February 11, 2024 – Champion
- March 9–April 7, 2024 – Aida
- March 22 and 24, 2024 – Mozart’s Requiem
Suggest a correction