CHICAGO (CBS) – Police are warning residents Sunday about a robbery in South Loop with the latest on Saturday.
In each incident, a man approached the victim and demanded her personal property. According to police, each robbery took place on CTA property.
The time and place of the incidents are listed below
· 100 Quarter West Cermak Road April 1, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
· 200 quarter West Cermak Road April 9, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
The police had only a vague description of the criminal.
Police remind residents:
· Always be aware of your surroundings
· Report suspicious activity immediately
· If you encounter an attacker, stay calm
· Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, lameness, acne, teeth, etc.)
· Never chase a fleeing attacker, provide information to the police
· If you have CCTV equipment, keep a copy of the incident for detective investigations
· If you are approached by a witness to the incident, ask for contact information
· Dial 911 immediately and stay put if possible
Anyone with information can contact the Bureau of Detectives – Central District by calling 312-747-8384.